Welcome to Year 5, Class USA.
Our teacher is Mrs Elliott. We do some really fun work in our class and we also get to learn outside of the classroom on school trips.
Here are some fun facts about the United States of America:
- The population of the USA is over 314.2 million
- The United States is divided into 50 states. However state each varies in size considerably. The smallest state is Rhode Island with an area of just 1,545 square miles and the largest state by area is Alaska with 663,268 square miles.
- The tallest mountain in the world is located in the United States Mauna Kea, located in Hawaii, is only 4,205 m in altitude above sea level, however, when measured from the seafloor it is over 10,000 meters high, making it taller than Mount Everest (Earth's tallest mountain above sea level at 8,848 meters).
- The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California. But no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922.
- Salt Lake City has a law against carrying an unwrapped ukulele on the street.
- The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France in 1884.
- In America you can drive a car when you are 16.
- The Pentagon is the largest office building in the world by area.
- Montana has three times as many cows as it does people.